-
Knoppix on Acer TracelMate 8006LMi
Hi Linux Users;
I am really new to Linux and Knoppix, but I thought the Knoppix-distro is a good way to start, so I decided to download the Knoppix 3.6
Unfortunately, I have a little problem, using Knoppix/Linux on my Acer TravelMate 8006 LMi (Which belongs to the Acer Travel Mate 8000 series I think).
My current Laptop (8006LMi) also does not appear in the list on http://www.linux-laptop.net/
The problem itself is, when I insert my Knoppix CD and restart my Computer, I come to the (linux
prompt. Okay, if I only hit ENTER, the laptop says linux24....... and the next line is something about a tar.gz archive. - POFF and then I have a black screen and nothing is happening any more.
If I try to use any parameters (such as screen=1280x1024 or nodma or fb1280x1024) it is exactly the same any time.
My Informatic-professor tried the same CD (I really thought that the CD might have been damaged) on an older gericom Laptop, and he didn't have to change anything like screen or nodma, he just hit enter and there was the penguin...
So if anyone has the same problem, or if anyone has a solution for me, I would be really interested 
Please help a linux newbie
mit freundlichen Grüßen/ with best regards
Stefan Rentsch / StevAlone
www.stevalone.at.tf
any mails to this subject please reply to [email protected]
Similar Threads
-
By kingsmokie in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 09:21 AM
-
By Urb85 in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-22-2005, 10:21 PM
-
By gigicroce in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-21-2005, 12:01 PM
-
By ying-yang7 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 10:19 AM
-
By moritz in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00