Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Filespace is gone...but file is not there...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382

    Filespace is gone...but file is not there...

    This has me puzzled. I've been messing around with backing up dvd's today and encountered a weird situation with K3B. I went into copy dvd and chose "only create image". It did it's thing. I then went and looked, and there's no image file. However, the 3.9GB that the dvd image would've taken up are gone.

    I have the install imaged, so at least I was prepared...but I would prefer to understand what happened and fix it. Maybe the file is there and I'm just overlooking it, but I've searched with every method I know of. Any ideas on how to fix it? I went from gigs free to 400MB free in just a few minutes.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Unless you changed the folder options it should be under /tmp/kde-champagnemojohzToPT/ or some such. Try: find /tmp -name k3b_*

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    THanks for the response Markus. The filespace is gone even after the /tmp directory gets flushed though. And I've looked with filelight and fsview (which you'd imagine that a 3.9GB file would be hard to miss in ) and nothing seems to be using that space...it's just gone. Oh well...like I said I have the partition imaged...I just would prefer to know what happened. K3B didn't segfault while writing the image or anything.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    That must be what they call a ghost image Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Not a clue where the space went either. As you said, a ~4GB file is hard to miss.

Similar Threads

  1. File Recovery (File deletet with "rm")
    By ghoststrike in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 10:46 AM
  2. File recovery / File permissions help needed?
    By sepekte in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
  3. Just want a file off of the hd
    By iceman46 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 07:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
  5. iso file
    By merv in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD picture

HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD

$84.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST 0F23651 8TB SAS 12Gb/s 7200RPM 128MB 3.5

HGST 0F23651 8TB SAS 12Gb/s 7200RPM 128MB 3.5" Ultrastar He8 HDD

$89.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive picture

Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive

$179.99