Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: V3.6 on Compaq DL360 RAID

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    70

    V3.6 on Compaq DL360 RAID

    Okay, I'm stuck.

    I am running /dev/MAKEDEV cciss and that works. I can fdisk and format the partitions, mount them, cd to them and "see" the file system.

    knoppix-installer doesn't "see" the SCSI RAID so the only option I get is to run qtparted. With qtparted I can see /dev/cciss/c0d0 and can set active my first partition, and format all of them. When I exit qtparted I get the same installer menu where the only thing I am allowed to do is make partitions.

    What do I do next to get the installer to see that there is a good bootable partition out there to install on?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    70
    I got past the install part but it wouldn't boot. I spent the weekend rebuilding minirt24.gz and I finally got my CD test partition to boot. Somehow I screwed up the minirt24.gz and kept getting segmentation faults during linuxrc after the raid was mounted as /cdrom and before root was fully switched over to the cloop KNOPPIX. I started over with a fresh minirt24.gz to modify and it worked. Tomorrow I will install 2.6 on the primary bootable partition and see if I can get it to boot.

    The DL360 doesn't seem to be a popular platform for Knoppix but so far my test remastering of a full 2 gig knoppix compressed in 8 minutes. And that was using 2.4 and not using tmpfs optimasations. The DL360 is a dual xeon 2.8 gig cpu, 4 gig ram and ultra 320 scsi 15k rpm drives. I think the extra work to get this going is going to pay off well considering I started remastering on a Dell 700mhz laptop and could only get a couple remasters built a day. Now it will seem like it takes longer to boot than to build a test image.

Similar Threads

  1. Raid question
    By lunatic in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 08:56 PM
  2. Raid Support?
    By danwifi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 05:42 PM
  3. raid 0
    By waynezo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2004, 05:34 PM
  4. Bootloader and ATA-Raid
    By RealNeo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-24-2003, 12:34 PM
  5. How to install my RAID HDD
    By bateto_007 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 07:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$34.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Samsung SSD980 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD picture

Samsung SSD980 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD

$125.00



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$255.98



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos picture

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos

$97.60