I've used the free version of AVG before, with no problems to date. www.grisoft.com
jd
Has anybody been using Clam Antivirus for an extended period of time?
I was wondering if it performed comparably to comercial antivirus products in a Win XP environment.
Also has anybody been using it on Win98? Yes I know linux is better but try telling that to a 75 year old woman who's son is a windows zealot. I am trying to get her good antivirus protection without having to shell out a lot of cash. If I get her using open source in Windows I can wean her on to Linux later!
I've used the free version of AVG before, with no problems to date. www.grisoft.com
jd
Thanks for reply. It may be an alternative.
I am still wondering about how the open source ClamAV is comparing with comercial counterparts in Windows.
I have been using both for about 6 months. As of yet I haven't had a virus. But I did download one for kicks and AVG picked it up before ClamWIN did. Once AVG found it, nothing else has a chance to have a go at it, because AVG is like a pitbull on crack! I was bombarded with "HOLY CRAP YOU HAVE A VIRUS!!!" messages from AVG. I tried to scan it with ClamWIN and AVG interupted any attempt to allow ClamWIN to see it. ClamWIN is not very intuitive but does update daily without a hitch. I can see it doing well if the dev team stays on course and doesn't quit like most OSS projects.
i've used avast home edition..

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00
Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07