-
OCR Program That Works...
The following works with documents that have already been scanned - xsane is what I use to scan and getting my scanner to scan was a real ordeal... But assuming that you are succesfully scanning this OCR program is for the cost - THE BEST...
I found and am running a great OCR program - Much better recognition than anything in kooka or xsane and the other OCR programs I tryed - Its a windows binary that runs well in wine - All it does is the OCR so you have to scan your documents first and save in .tif .tiff bmp. or .gif - After you scan the documents you can find the program in your .wine file, open it and single or batch the scans for OCR - It does a great job even at 400 Mhz with 128 meg - It might not work trying to run on some slower computers but the programing is very clean and simple AND ACCURATE...
Its a windows freeware program found here... "TOCR"
http://www.transym.com
This guy deserves a lot of credit for making a clean enough program that it can run well in our linux systems...
Currently running in KANOTIX 3.9 HD install - Also works in KANOTIX Lite HD Install - Feather Linux HD install - And of course BIG DADDY KNOPPIX 3.9
Notes: I down loaded the zip file and expanded it - Then ran the install under wine - Then found the viewer.exe at file:/home/yourname/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/transym/ - On opening the program I find the file I want to OCR - I use xsane to scan my documents and I save them in non compressed .tif files - On one of the computers I set this program up on I had to reopen the scans in gimp then resave them due to some auto file compression problem with the scanner - gimp could open the files but tocr could not untill I opened them in gimp and resaved them.
There is another OCR program I have run in wine called "SimpleOCR" it has more bells to it but just does not run as good an OCR as TOCR.
Let me know what you all think - OUT
Similar Threads
-
By woodsmoke in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-31-2010, 05:00 AM
-
By RedWagon in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-28-2007, 05:49 PM
-
By hpwong28 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2006, 04:42 PM
-
By Mustang64 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2004, 09:36 PM
-
By Bothersome in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 05:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99