I've read all I can, and I think I know how to do it, uploading the flash and everything.
One problem. When I do 'modprobe hostap_pci' I get this:
From what I have read it could be a problem with hotplug initilizing it before I can do the driver flash. Any suggestions on keeping it from doing that? I'm aware of the hotplug blacklist, but I'm using a live CD.Code:hostap_pci: 0.0.4 - 2003-07-27 (Jouni Malinen <[email protected]>) hostap_pci: Registered netdevice wlan0 wlan0: COR sreset timeout prism2_hw_init() wlan0: hfa384x_cmd - timeout - reg=0x9893 hostap_pci: first command failed - is the card compatible? hostap_pci: hardware initialization failed hostap_pci: Netdevice wlan0 unregistered hostap_pci: No devices found, driver not installed.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server
$525.00
Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License
$238.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99
USED Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 BAREBONES Server NO RAM HDD or CPU, 2x 750w PSU 🚚
$170.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w
$538.88
DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00