Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Hardware detection hangs with floppy LED on

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2

    Hardware detection hangs with floppy LED on

    HI!

    I have found an older message about this in the forum, but with no real solution.

    I have an ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe (BIOS is up to date). I only have P-ATA drives, no raid or S-ATA. IDE is in compatible mode.

    Normally, I run Suse 9.0 on this board with no apparent problems.

    When I boot Knoppix from CD and it is detecting hardware, it hangs after a while and the floppy LED is on.

    I already tried with failsafe, but that did not help.

    This happens with Knoppix 3.4 and 3.6.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!

    Thomas

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1
    I have this exact problem! Knoppix appears to be booting, it goes to Autoconfiguring Devices....progress bar gets to the end, then nothing else happens. Frozen. The floppy drive LED comes on and stays on. I have tried using failsafe mode and various other cheat codes and nothing has worked so far.

    Any ideas out there? I'd really like to give this a try.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2
    HI!

    I have read, that it would work, if you disable USB Legacy Support in the BIOS. But that did not help. Maybe turning USB completely off is the trick, but I did not have a chance to test that, yet.

    Thomas

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    18
    Hi!!

    try noacpi or acpi=off

    in the bios:

    Enable vga pallete snoop

    Disiable APM or ACPI

    I´ve been trying to boot since 3.3 version but I have the SAME problem you have, i´ve read that this could work.


    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. USB Hardware detection problems
    By tricky in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 03:47 PM
  2. Hardware detection
    By jcostello in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 01:33 AM
  3. Add special hardware to the hardware detection on boot
    By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
  4. Hardware Detection
    By staverts in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 06:48 AM
  5. Hardware detection after HD install
    By Christer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD picture

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD

$48.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)

$61.56



Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600

$239.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95