-
Senior Member
registered user
help...cdrom won't mount
Hello....My cdrom has been working fine up until this morning for some reason....If I click on the Icon to mount it, it gives me an error saying:
"could not mount device. Mount: special device /dev/cdrom does not exist"
I ran dmesg.....there is a line that says it detects it:
hdc: QSI DVD-ROM SDR-081, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
It is a combo dvd/cdrom drive.....
Not sure why it suddenly will not mount.....anything to do with /etc/modules? fstab?.....please help! bob58
-
Senior Member
registered user
just been through this. see this link: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13601
I think for your setup you will need a link from /dev/cdrom to /dev/hdc.
'ln -s /dev/hdc /dev/cdrom'
Problem is the icon is based on the 2.4 kernel setup using /dev/cdrom & the 2.6 kernel doesn't create /dev/cdrom which is a link to the actual device.
-
Senior Member
registered user
cdrom woes
I think that was part of the problem.....the 2.6 kernel. I was using it more because it let me use my optical usb mouse. 2.4 kernel wouldnt and i tried everything under the sun to get it to work. I ran 2.6 kernel and whadda ya know.....the optical mouse worked! But the next day for some reason my cdrom would not mount. So I had thought about re-installing knoppix again with another LINUX distro just for the hell of it but when i tried i had too many boot problems. So I downloaded Knoppix v. 3.7 and installed.....works great.....So i guess i can deal with no optical mouse for now.....as long as my cdrom is working...bob58
Similar Threads
-
By Braim in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 06:55 PM
-
By coindood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-25-2004, 01:37 AM
-
By MattT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 05:03 AM
-
By Didier in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-22-2003, 12:00 PM
-
By new-to-knoppix in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 01-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99