Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem when booting Knoppix from CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2

    Problem when booting Knoppix from CD

    When I try to boot Knoppix 3.4 from CD, both files are loaded corectly, but then the screen just get black. If I boot in "failsafe" mode, it shows up something like this:
    Uncompressing Linux...ok...
    Booting the kernel...
    I think it's something with the CPU, the RAM or the harddrive, bt I don't know.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Problem when booting Knoppix from CD

    Quote Originally Posted by Waluigi
    When I try to boot Knoppix 3.4 from CD, both files are loaded corectly, but then the screen just get black. If I boot in "failsafe" mode, it shows up something like this:
    Uncompressing Linux...ok...
    Booting the kernel...
    I think it's something with the CPU, the RAM or the harddrive, bt I don't know.
    It's probably not detecting your video correctly. When you are at the boot prompt, press f2 to get a list of the boot codes available. Try a few, see if you can get it to boot. Try nodma, noapci & any related to video.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2
    No, it don't work with noapci or nodma, and I have tried some other moitor related commands, but it does not work.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem booting from Knoppix CD
    By jsim1982 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 12:45 AM
  2. Booting Problem with 3.8 Knoppix
    By deathmarch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 01:08 AM
  3. knoppix 3.4 booting problem
    By Hauck in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 05:59 PM
  4. Problem Booting KNOPPIX
    By soar in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:32 AM
  5. KNOPPIX-booting problem
    By GeForce in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 03:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core i5-1135G7@2.40GHz Laptop picture

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop

$220.36



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray

$356.80



Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader

$571.00



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Laptop 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Laptop 14" FHD Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$289.99