Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem when booting Knoppix from CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2

    Problem when booting Knoppix from CD

    When I try to boot Knoppix 3.4 from CD, both files are loaded corectly, but then the screen just get black. If I boot in "failsafe" mode, it shows up something like this:
    Uncompressing Linux...ok...
    Booting the kernel...
    I think it's something with the CPU, the RAM or the harddrive, bt I don't know.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Problem when booting Knoppix from CD

    Quote Originally Posted by Waluigi
    When I try to boot Knoppix 3.4 from CD, both files are loaded corectly, but then the screen just get black. If I boot in "failsafe" mode, it shows up something like this:
    Uncompressing Linux...ok...
    Booting the kernel...
    I think it's something with the CPU, the RAM or the harddrive, bt I don't know.
    It's probably not detecting your video correctly. When you are at the boot prompt, press f2 to get a list of the boot codes available. Try a few, see if you can get it to boot. Try nodma, noapci & any related to video.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2
    No, it don't work with noapci or nodma, and I have tried some other moitor related commands, but it does not work.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem booting from Knoppix CD
    By jsim1982 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 12:45 AM
  2. Booting Problem with 3.8 Knoppix
    By deathmarch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 01:08 AM
  3. knoppix 3.4 booting problem
    By Hauck in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 05:59 PM
  4. Problem Booting KNOPPIX
    By soar in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:32 AM
  5. KNOPPIX-booting problem
    By GeForce in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 03:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe picture

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe

$449.99



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s picture

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s

$81.39



1970s Brother's Printer and Typewriter with Working Floppy Disk picture

1970s Brother's Printer and Typewriter with Working Floppy Disk

$378.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00