-
Knoppix and Windows networking
I have 4 XP boxes on a network, and 1 Knoppix box (that I just set up).
I installed Knoppix to the HDD, and was able to get on the internet through the LAN without any configuration on my part. Works great, surfed around a bit, very happy with Knoppix.
Question is, "How do I get the Linux box to show up on the network to my Windows machines?"
I want to be able to use this Linux box for file sharing.
BTW, the version of Knoppix I installed is 3.3 (it's the one I had
) and I installed it using Knoppix-installer to the Knoppix desktop . . .
Similar Threads
-
By Phishman in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 12:03 AM
-
By turbonow in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-19-2004, 11:00 AM
-
By nicorellius in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 09:17 PM
-
By Jakykong in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 03:29 AM
-
By xarkangelx in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 08:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99