-
Problem with mkdosswapfile
Hi,
I've a fat32 partition, where are the knoppix permanent home and the knoppix configuration files.
I need to add a swap file in the same partition, but when I try:
knoppix@ttyp1[knoppix]$ su
root@ttyp1[knoppix]# mkdosswapfile
a Xdialog appear:
sorry, no DOS partitions available for swapfile
Please, help...
Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problem with mkdosswapfile

Originally Posted by
Manuel
Hi,
I've a fat32 partition, where are the knoppix permanent home and the knoppix configuration files.
I need to add a swap file in the same partition, but when I try:
knoppix@ttyp1[knoppix]$ su
root@ttyp1[knoppix]# mkdosswapfile
a Xdialog appear:
sorry, no DOS partitions available for swapfile
Please, help...
Thanks.
A Fat16 filesystem is considered DOS.
There is still a way to amke one, I don't it though.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problem with mkdosswapfile
--Please post results of ' fdisk -l ' and ' df ' as root...

Originally Posted by
Manuel
Hi,
I've a fat32 partition, where are the knoppix permanent home and the knoppix configuration files.
I need to add a swap file in the same partition, but when I try:
knoppix@ttyp1[knoppix]$ su
root@ttyp1[knoppix]# mkdosswapfile
a Xdialog appear:
sorry, no DOS partitions available for swapfile
Please, help...
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.62