Type this instead to give yourself Super User rights:
su mkdir /mnt/captive-LABEL_C
That should solve the problem.
I was following a guide a put in a command to make a directory. However, this is what I got:
How can I get permissions to make a directory there?Code:knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ mkdir /mnt/captive-LABEL_C mkdir: cannot create directory `/mnt/captive-LABEL_C': Permission denied
Type this instead to give yourself Super User rights:
su mkdir /mnt/captive-LABEL_C
That should solve the problem.
I thought sudo was used? (I'm a newbie though...)
--You are correct, sudo should be used instead of su.
Originally Posted by Sgeo
Right, use sudo for one command use su for multiple (you have to type su by itself first though)Originally Posted by Dave_Bechtel

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00