Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: kpackage

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84

    kpackage

    I've been trying to use kpackage to do some updating and removal. just playing around type stuff, nothing major. Problem is, I can't seem to get it to work correctly.

    For instance, this is the error message I get when trying to do anything with Frozen Bubble:
    Code:
    < export DEBIAN_FRONTEND; apt-get remove frozen-bubble-data ;echo RESULT=$?
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
      frozen-bubble-data
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 591 not upgraded.
    1 not fully installed or removed.
    Need to get 0B of archives.
    After unpacking 5747kB disk space will be freed.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] 
    dpkg: error processing frozen-bubble-data (--remove):
     Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
     reinstall it before attempting a removal.
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     frozen-bubble-data
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    RESULT=100
    The most common "error" i seem to get is
    Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    So - what am I missing here?
    This is a HD install on hda2, and yes - I am running as root.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Knoppix is a mix of stable/testing/unstable packages.

    Which causes problems whenever your trying to install something.

    There is a version of knoppix made for installing which seems to be better. Though I can't think of it right now.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    frozen-bubble package is badly installed, a file is missing so apt falls over trying to find a non-existant file.
    See this post: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14516

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84
    CrashedAgain

    Thanks for the link - it worked for me...

    Now on to other more challanging endevors...

    GMD

    I wish there was a spell checker on this forum...

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    52

    Kanotix

    There is a version of knoppix made for installing which seems to be better. Though I can't think of it right now.
    It's called Kanotix, www.kanotix.com

Similar Threads

  1. Kpackage
    By jjbergdolt in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 05:43 PM
  2. KPackage
    By mimes in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 04:24 AM
  3. KPackage
    By WolfCub in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 07:08 AM
  4. How can I use KPACKAGE?
    By JLJR in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2003, 01:24 AM
  5. Kpackage
    By Madcatz in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2003, 07:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage PPI Super Sketch G2400 for Texas Instruments TI99/4A picture

Vintage PPI Super Sketch G2400 for Texas Instruments TI99/4A

$150.00



Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264 picture

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264

$100.00



Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo picture

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo

$299.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Vintage PC sleeper case 2000 Pentium 4 full tower 6 drive bays picture

Vintage PC sleeper case 2000 Pentium 4 full tower 6 drive bays

$59.99



Vintage Tei Inc 1977 CPU Assembly 13260 Circuit Board  picture

Vintage Tei Inc 1977 CPU Assembly 13260 Circuit Board

$145.00



Vintage Epson Apex Plus AP3001A Dual 360K Disk Drives PC w/ Epson Apex Keyboard  picture

Vintage Epson Apex Plus AP3001A Dual 360K Disk Drives PC w/ Epson Apex Keyboard

$249.95



Vintage Arrick Robotics Enhanced 16 I/O Logic Board 900867 REV A Control Card picture

Vintage Arrick Robotics Enhanced 16 I/O Logic Board 900867 REV A Control Card

$426.96



Vintage 1995 Adobe Premiere 4.2 Education Version Macintosh Editing Software picture

Vintage 1995 Adobe Premiere 4.2 Education Version Macintosh Editing Software

$79.99



Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s picture

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s

$169.99