Have you created Linux ext3 partition, where knoppix suppose to install?
![]()
![]()
I've used PartitionMagic in Windows to create a new 2.5GB FAT32 partition, and a 500MB Linux-swap partition. So, I type sudo knoppix-installer, and it tells me that my hard drive still doesn't meet the requirements, because it doesn't suppport NTFS, my XP partition, and default HD. So... how do I tell it that I wanna install on another partition?
Have you created Linux ext3 partition, where knoppix suppose to install?
![]()
![]()
Okay seems to be working now that I changed the partition to ext3.
But what should I select? Beginner, knoppix, or debian?
I selected beginner... now how do I dual boot Linux?
I would select Debian style hdd installation, because I found it less painfull after installation and that knoppix hardware detection and auto system configuration can be anoying sometime.
Install LILO into mbr, usually it will detect your other OS'es.
![]()
![]()
I was afraid to install lilo on my MBR... it'd mess up XP. so... how do I write the Knoppix loading thing with the boot.ini type thing?
I would suggest writing lilo to the mdr, you can always use knoppix (live-cd) to ungoof it if someting happensOriginally Posted by cyberstew
The PMI concept may save you some grief. http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/PoorMansInstall
After you read it, go here
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/WinPartition
PMI is not a true dual boot, but it gets you there nonetheless. Later, if you feel more comfortable with a full install, you can do it.
jd
Well, I have it all installed on its own Linux partition. How do I use the lilo-loader?

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
$170.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Fortinet FortiAnalyzer-100C Firewall Physical Appliance, FAZ-100C
$100.00
$140.00