Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: What's Your Favorite RSS News Aggregator?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    What's Your Favorite RSS News Aggregator?

    I've been exploring RSS news aggregators a bit and I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions. So far I have mainly looked at Straw, Akregator, and Liferea. Of the three, Liferea seems to be my favorite so far. Do any of you have any other favorites?

    I would love to get an aggregator that supports subscription to podcasts, but podcasting appears to be so new that there really isn't much out there for Linux yet.

    P.S.
    For those who aren't sure what podcasting is look at these links:

    http://www.nbc4.com/technology/3772528/detail.html
    http://garage.docsearls.com/node/view/460
    http://www.ipodder.org/

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    235
    I use snownews, textbased but easy enough to read and navigate thru.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    33
    I now use the live bookmarks feature of Firefox 1.0 PR

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by uraclea2002
    I now use the live bookmarks feature of Firefox 1.0 PR
    Have you tried Sage (an extension to Firefox 1.0PR)?

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    45

    Re: What's Your Favorite RSS News Aggregator?

    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    I've been exploring RSS news aggregators a bit and I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions. So far I have mainly looked at Straw, Akregator, and Liferea. Of the three, Liferea seems to be my favorite so far. Do any of you have any other favorites?
    I've just installed Liferia (it was one of the smallest on offer, didn't like the look of Straw as I would have to install all that Python stuff!). It imported my subscription file from (MS-W) Sharpreader ok but wouldn't update them all at once. It did update them individually though. Looks fine apart from no images.

    Regds, RM.

Similar Threads

  1. Overclockix-- My new Favorite :-)
    By MongooseNX in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 07:11 AM
  2. What is your favorite color?
    By ILoveChessAndCompScience in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:08 PM
  3. K3.3 - good news, bad news
    By oldgeezer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 01:57 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 08:11 PM
  5. Add your favorite undocumented cheat code
    By rickenbacherus in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Plus, 52-core, 512GB RAM, SSDs, NVIDIA A40 AI GPU picture

HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Plus, 52-core, 512GB RAM, SSDs, NVIDIA A40 AI GPU

$26000.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections

$68.00