I have has success by editing the ./autoload script to bypass the gcc version check. see this post:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12909
I have been trying to get my winmodem to work with a knoppix 3.3 cd. I saw this post:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2050#9512
and followed the directions and ended up going here:
http://www.heby.de/ltmodem after going to
www.linmodems.org
for the module source code. At this time there were a few versions listed (8.26a, 8.30a3, 8.31aI tried them all and got various errors from the build_module program. 8.26a said it didn't work with kernel 2.4.22 or greater and knoppix 3.3 is 2.4.22. So I tried the 8.30a3 which said that kernels copiled with gcc 2.9x need to use the 8.26a module. And the 8.31a8 said the same as 8.30a3.
Any Ideas? Hopefully that dont require a kernel rebuild or a harddrive install. I do have hd space to use but i dont want to install on it, just use it to compile stuff or have permanant storage.
I have has success by editing the ./autoload script to bypass the gcc version check. see this post:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12909

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$69.99
Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99