Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Mepis has alot going for it.

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    17

    Mepis has alot going for it.

    (This was meant to be a thread on the poll question "Other favorite distro")

    I used Mepis for about three months but had one nagging problem of downloads stalling. I tried many things to correct it to no avail. I seem to have been the anomaly because I heard no other complaints of this nature.
    It is a live CD and very easy to hard drive install. I would never have found knoppix if I did not have that one problem with file downloads.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276
    I like it too. I tried it as my secondary to kanotix and found it had almost everything I wanted right off the bat. Overwrote it to try out some non-debian distros but will probably put it back on to play with. Second only to kanotix for me.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    I have heard of this download problem many times in the mepis-devel mailing list fyi.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by kelmo
    I have heard of this download problem many times in the mepis-devel mailing list fyi.
    Most of those posts were probably from me!

Similar Threads

  1. Frugalware&Mepis&Klik
    By dwombat in forum Klik
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 10:55 PM
  2. Klik won't work in Mepis
    By spiffytech in forum Klik
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 01:48 PM
  3. Installed Mepis, would like to use Knoppix too
    By jMon54 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 04:53 AM
  4. Knoppix or Mepis
    By Xword in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 04:06 AM
  5. New Mepis
    By oscar in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 02:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM

$139.99



Lot of 18 Mixed Brands PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM picture

Lot of 18 Mixed Brands PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM

$2879.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$369.59



Lot of 50 Mixed Brands PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM picture

Lot of 50 Mixed Brands PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM

$8499.99



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00