Try Kano's script. I use Kanotix so I can't say for sure if it works with knoppix but it should. Look here http://kanotix.com/files/
Get the install-mplayer.sh script
I have a 700 MB persistent home. I now want to try installing other programs than those available with klik like QDVD Author, Mplayer, and other video-editing programs. I tried downloading mplayer, but couldn't figure out how to get it installed. I tried:
1. kpackage, but it gave me an error=2 when I tried mplayer and several other packages
2. apt-get with:
apt-get update
apt-get install mplayer
The update part seemed to work but the text it displays after hitting enter is in Chinese for some reason, even though my regional settings say english. The install part clearly didn't work, but since its in Chinese I can't read the error message
3. dpkg -i install mplayer - also gave me an error in Chinese
4. I tried extracting the files and cd ing to the directory, I tried configure.sh, install, makefile, ect with no sucess.
Please, any suggestions of how I can get apps installed in Knoppix would be much appreciated!
Try Kano's script. I use Kanotix so I can't say for sure if it works with knoppix but it should. Look here http://kanotix.com/files/
Get the install-mplayer.sh script
Since there is no reason to use a persistent home with a full HD install I'm assuming you are running either from CD or from poormans install. If this is the case, I don't think you can install anything except though klik because of the read only file system.
CrashedAgain,
Is that the case? I use a PH and liveCD and I installed Opera using the Kano script - some of Kano's scripts are headed HD or liveCD - the first check is whether it is a liveCD operation.
MPlayer install scripts for CD and HD install
drb
If you are using knoppix from hd (not poorman) then add this to your apt sources.lst:
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
![]()
![]()
Thanks for the responses, I am running a live-cd with Persistent home/config file. Since I don't have hd install, it sounds like I should try Kano's scriptpage. I would like to install other programs that aren't on Kano's page like QDVD Author and a bunch of other video-editing programs. Let me know if you come up with any other ideas!![]()

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00