I would like to know if there is a way to play MIDI files in knoppix??
I would like to know if there is a way to play MIDI files in knoppix??
for exampleCode:playmidi --help
well for me, playmidi gives the error:Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think knoppix autoconfigures the WAV output of the soundcard only, not the MIDI part, because why else would /dev/sequencer not be configured?Code:open /dev/sequencer: No such device or address
I've been trying to find out how to get /dev/sequencer configured also, if anybody knows the secret...
for a hd installed setup.Originally Posted by redss
apt-get install timidity
will install the software to emulate midi thru the sound's cards wave.
(there's no midi chip on most motherboards with ac97 sound chip built in....)
if booting off a cd you'll have to look up how to install software.
it's here somewhere in one of the forums.....
Install timidity then you should be able to use playmidi.
I have the same pb with MIDI,
I am unable to boot with the ALSA cheatcode
So I am under OSS
Is timidity compatible with OSS, or does it work only with ALSA?
tanx in advance
I was wrong.....
try:
timidity /my_music_path_/my_song.mid
after installing timidity.
I knew I played a midi song a few days before....
I have ALSA.
I'm still figureing out how to do quite a few things still.

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$47988.00
Advantech Memory Modules 8G DDR4-2400 1GX8 1.2V HYX AQD-D4U8GN24-HE LOT OF 12
$399.99
Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC
$150.00
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 240-Pin DIMM
$145.00