Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How do I update QT parted?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536

    How do I update QT parted?

    I see that there is an newer version of QT and would like to update or upgrade. How do I go about doing that?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: How do I update QT parted?

    Quote Originally Posted by rrfish72
    I see that there is an newer version of QT and would like to update or upgrade. How do I go about doing that?
    'apt-get -t unstable qtparted' should do it. I'm assuming the newest version will be in unstable.
    Also, the version of 'parted' which is included with Knoppix is a 'mini' version (I think called parted-bf' & can be replaced with a full version. 'apt-get -t unstable parted' will do it

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    Did not work. This is why I'm trying to change that version:

    root@rrfish72:~# qtparted
    Warning: Unable to align partition properly. This probably means that another p artitioning tool generated an incorrect partition table, because it didn't have the correct BIOS geometry. It is safe to ignore,but ignoring may cause (fixable ) problems with some boot loaders.
    No Implementation: Support for opening ntfs file systems is not implemented yet.

    Is there another way to correct this so I can run qtparrted without it getting hung up any more. After scanning hda it just sits and does nothing.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Open Kpackage, select Updated tab, and hit Find icon and search for qtparted, it will list a new version. Select the new version and install.

Similar Threads

  1. How do I update QT parted?
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 01:06 PM
  2. Knoppix and parted
    By CrashedAgain in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 02:18 AM
  3. GNU Parted
    By ferreter in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2003, 08:22 AM
  4. parted, grub
    By gill1109 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2003, 08:20 PM
  5. qtparted or parted
    By nex56 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 12:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$94.95



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99