-
Knoppix 3.2 - KDE very slow on startup
After hdd install I login, no problem. When I logout and try to login again than it takes very long time (more than one minute for KDE to start). The startup
window hangs all the time on second icon (Initializing system services) and then this window disappears and I can see only mouse pointer. This happens too when I install nvidia drivers, but it has nothing to do with it, if i am not wrong. When I start X from console login and switch back to console it displays initialization of GLX, so I assume that problems here. What I don't know is how to fix it.
Thanks for any direction, step by step wont be rejected
Simon
-
Senior Member
registered user
Have you found anything relevant in /var/log/syslog ?
How about dmesg?
-
knoppix 3.2 X slow startup
/var/log/syslog complains about:
kernel: mtrr: no MTRR for d8000000,4000000 found
somewhere I read that it might be related to Nvidia.
Any clues?
Thanks Petr Simon
-
Senior Member
registered user
Post the output of dmesg if you would please. Do you have the vertical and horizontal refresh rates for your monitor? You should be able to find them online somewhere if not. Have you checked them against your XF86Config file? When you booted Knoppix from the cd did everything work as it should? If I understand you correctly this problem happened BEFORE you installed the nvidia drivers as well as after - yes?
Similar Threads
-
By bruceleung in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-14-2005, 06:42 AM
-
By sharlila in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-21-2004, 02:56 PM
-
By sharlila in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 05:04 AM
-
By m_yates in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 05:21 AM
-
By RickyJaff in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 01:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25