You know then that the eject works because of the root acct. Then the new question is how to give yourself permmissions to use the application. That I don't know about, but I'm sure a post will give you the answer. Good Luck.
The drive button was the first thing tried, has no effect.
Also, tried apt-get install eject, (after dkpg --purge eject), no change in
behavior. It (eject) does works when invoked by root user though.
Well, I gave it a try
I also a message at the end of dmesg which is sort of strange:
mtrr: 0xf1000000,0x800000 overlaps existing 0xf1000000,0x200000
mtrr: 0xf1000000,0x800000 overlaps existing 0xf1000000,0x200000
(there 2 Xeon processors)
Any ideas about this one?
-ishwar
You know then that the eject works because of the root acct. Then the new question is how to give yourself permmissions to use the application. That I don't know about, but I'm sure a post will give you the answer. Good Luck.

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08