Posted this in the wrong forum before (or maybe not, it was the Hardware forum) but thought it should be posted here:
I got floppy automount to work on the HDD install, but only for one user at a time, but that should easily be fixable.
Change the auto.master file to:
/mnt/auto /etc/automount.sh --timeout=3
Change automount.sh
*fat|msdos) options="${rw},uid=username,gid=username,umask=000 ";;
ntfs) options="ro,uid=username,gid=username,umask=0222"; ;
Where "username" is the name of the user you want to have access to the floppy.
I don't know if these two are required, probably not, but that's what I had when I got it working:
auto.misc has the line (comment out the other floppy line):
floppy -fstype=auto,sync,user,umask=000 :/dev/fd0
auto.mnt has instead of the original floppy line:
floppy -fstype=auto,sync,user,umask=000 :/dev/fd0
After all this, as root, do /etc/init.d/autofs restart, or reboot, and the floppy should work normally. Has anyone else had any other success with the floppy automounting?

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
Amiga BASIC Spiral-Bound Manual Book, English, For Amiga Desktop Computer
$30.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Commodore Amiga 500 Motherboard Rev 5, A500 #548 (As-Is)
$64.75
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$950.00
Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz
$300.00
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter
$25.00