-
Knoppix sound
I can't get the system to play sounds.
The player xmms plays .wav files etc ok.
When I press the 'test sound' button in the KDE control centre Multimedia /sound System/General tab a (presumably right) sound emerges.
However I cannot get the system sounds on the System Notification to play, even after selecting xmms as an alternative player. When games are running with sound, I get error messages about checking plug-ins and so on which are not very helpful.
If I boot from the Knoppix live CD things aren't much better, I can get system sounds (window opening etc.) to work with the xmms player, but still games won't sound.
Looking at the guide at
http://www.tissot.de/cgi-local/view/...ion#Configurat
I see mention of files like /etc/isapnp.conf which I don't have (and the K. CD install doesn't have).
Any pointers to sorting this out? Is the basic sound there and the plug-ins need configuring (how)? These /etc/modutils/* files, do they really need editing (seems a bit daunting)?
Regds, RM.
Similar Threads
-
By spitfire in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 02:56 AM
-
By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 40
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
-
By dobell in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:45 PM
-
By ICE_STORM in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 11:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95