-
can't create a persistent home
I'm getting started with Knoppix. I just created a CD and booted from it. I now want to create a persistent home. I tried going to
Knoppix -> Configure -> "Create a persistent KNOPPIX home directory"
on the start menu, but after I selected "Create a persistent KNOPPIX home directory" nothing happens. I was under the impression a dialog box would pop up which would ask me to select where to put a persistent home.
Any help would be much appreciated! Are there other configuration steps I need to take when I first start using Knoppix before I can think about creating a persistent home?
Also, I'm hoping to use a USB stick as my persistent home. It doesn't appear to be automounting-- is there an option to set in Knoppix so it will automatically mount new devices?
any help would be fabulous!
thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By hatmen in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 02:15 AM
-
By jessjackson in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 08:26 AM
-
By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 03:17 PM
-
By kinsnet in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:09 PM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 12:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00