Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: help with writing script

  1. #21
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    scripting

    Hello 'USER UNKNOWN'.....I will try that script....unfortunatly the others i have tried didnt do as expected. I do not need the script to run totally automated...I dont mind logging in, that no problem. I just dont understand why none of the suggestions work! It seems simple enuff to run a script like this. Maybe its me.Hahahaha OK well anyway I will try this latest script when i get home and post back tomorrow....bob

  2. #22
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    235
    Bob

    The script I wrote does work, but the server you were trying to login with either doesn't exist or is on a private server, so I left the n7us.net off to get the resulting telnet prompt. All you would have to do is type in the telnet server name you wanted to log into, and the script does work once you've made it an executable and created a shortcut linking to the executable script.

    Edit:
    Whoops, I copied and pasted the code I posted, and it lacked a space before the -e, so you'll need to insert it or I can repost the modification to this thread if you like.

    Edit #2:
    I typed open n7us.net in the telnet prompt window, and it responded with a call: prompt. If you want to insert the n7us.net server into the script, that will work as well.

    Durand

  3. #23
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    help with script

    Hi Durand.....OK I will try again. Repost the modified script if you have time and I will try it again.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    I actually tested both my scripts with an ssh connection and they did work, don't know why they didn't for you.

  5. #25
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    235
    Bob,

    Not a problem, here it is.

    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    if [ -e /etc/network/ifstate ]
    then konsole -e telnet n7us.net
    else exit
    exit
    fi
    I tested this twice already just so you know it works. One possible problem that comes to mind when it didn't work for you is that maybe you're on dialup? Don't forget to chmod a+x this script and make a link on your desktop to the script.

    HTH,

    Durand

    P.S. On a side note, I have the telnet-ssl program, not the standard telnet program, so if that makes a difference, let me know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. writing to cd
    By sunnmoon in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 04:08 PM
  2. V3.8.1 hd writing bug?
    By fmfischer in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 11:07 AM
  3. Writing it to CD
    By irvine in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 03:27 AM
  4. Writing to / and subdirs.
    By bikerman in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 12:22 AM
  5. writing problem with usb pen
    By shadinio in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2004, 09:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair

$88.75



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 400 Computer System  console with Power Supply TESTED and Working picture

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working

$150.00