Hello, newbie got a question:
I'm HD-installing for my dad, although I run a home-saved to hd Knoppix on my Windows machine. After running sudo knoppix-installer (Beginner Mode) and rebooting, KDM does not start. The process stops at Starting Printing process, then something something cannot start x11. something, because directory not found. Then I'm at a login screen. I am able at this point log in as my 'regular' account and root account.
Sorry I cannot be more precise about the exact text on the screen, I'm not at that computer.
I'm very new to Linux. I don't know any commands etc... I enter KDM, the same error message popped up.
Reading from another post, I tried sudo init 5, nothing happened.
I'm re-installing from the CD now. Going to check on it's progress.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00
Grandstream GXP1782 8 Line HD IP Phone VoIP - New Open Box
$59.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07