Hello, newbie got a question:
I'm HD-installing for my dad, although I run a home-saved to hd Knoppix on my Windows machine. After running sudo knoppix-installer (Beginner Mode) and rebooting, KDM does not start. The process stops at Starting Printing process, then something something cannot start x11. something, because directory not found. Then I'm at a login screen. I am able at this point log in as my 'regular' account and root account.
Sorry I cannot be more precise about the exact text on the screen, I'm not at that computer.
I'm very new to Linux. I don't know any commands etc... I enter KDM, the same error message popped up.
Reading from another post, I tried sudo init 5, nothing happened.
I'm re-installing from the CD now. Going to check on it's progress.

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00