-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: changing icons

Originally Posted by
bob58
Hello....I would like some help on changing a couple of ICONS on my desktop. I have installed a photo viewer program called "gwenview". After I untarred it, and did the rest, the executable icon is that blue gear.
I guess its OK cause it does the same thing no matter what the icon is, but it is a system icon and I would like to choose something a little different. I tried in past to change icons but it ended up associating every kind of similar file with the same icon and it looked bad.
I would like one step at a time to do this so I dont end up with the little "gimp" guy associated with all my audio files! Thanks ...bob
I'm sure you already know most of this but complete instructions to change the icon on a 'desktop' item:
Right click on the desktop item & select 'properties'. Under the 'general' tab, click on the icon. You will get a list of standard icons. If you don't want any of these, , click on 'other icons'. You will get another list. If these are not what you want either, click on 'browse' & browse to find the one you want.
Another, more difficult, way: Open the desktop item in a text editor, find where it sets the icon & edit it.
Gwenview standard icon is a cartoon head with a big pair of glasses called gwenview.png. I tried gwenview on my mandrake system, the icon was located in /usr/share/icons/ hicolor & locolor set, should be in the same place but do a 'find files' for it.
Similar Threads
-
By usha panwar in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2005, 02:00 PM
-
By johnb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 06:54 AM
-
By wmcn in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 09:18 AM
-
By dragonx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-09-2003, 12:35 PM
-
By Joseph_K in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 01:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

HP ProCurve J9265A 6600-24XG 10GBE Layer3 Gigabit Switch w/ 2 x PSU
$180.20