Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 3.6 and 3.7 - KDM on CD not work :(

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 3.6 and 3.7 - KDM on CD not work :(

    Hi,

    In Knoppix 3.6 and 3.7 Pro, KDM (in live-cd system) does not work

    I'm using system from CD. After starting system in text mode (knoppix 2),
    I setting password for root and user knoppix (passwd). All is ok..
    But when I typing "kdm", KDM start .. but does not allow to login and restarts
    Xserver. There is no information in logs (/var/log/messages and
    /var/log/kdm.log).
    Only Kdm des not work.... when I type startx KDE runs!

    After hd install.. KDM works correctly - but I need KDM working from CD.
    Which file I must change ? (kdmrc, /etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers ?)
    Sorry for my english and thank's for help,
    Best Regards,
    p.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    16
    It works fine for me. I don't have to do anything and starts directly into KDE. What video card do you have?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2
    I'm testing Knoppix 3.6 and 3.7 on few computers (with nvidia, sis and ATI card's).

    After installation KDM works very well .. and "startx" from CD, after booting in texmode (knoppix 2) too ... but KDM from CD does not work (after booting system
    in text mode (knoppix 2) and settings pasword for user knoppix and root, I type
    "kdm" in terminal. KDM starts - but not work.

    I have few CD with Knoppix 3.6, and PC Welt with Knoppix 3.7.
    I need runs KDM from CD - but I can't login .
    ...
    Best Regards,
    pablo

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    10
    A similar problem just started happening to me...I have a knoppix hd install with 3.4. After I did my last apt-get update kdm stopped starting on boot. One of the last things listed is a message about starting kdm but nothing happens and i'm left at the login prompt. I can login as myself and type startx which gets me a desktop. But if I login as root and type 'kdm' to try lauching it again still nothing happens. I try xdm and it seems to work.

    What the heck happened.

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix does not work from my cp
    By slurp in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 02:24 AM
  2. Will Knoppix work on my PC?
    By acnxero in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2004, 06:07 AM
  3. How I got Knoppix to work
    By Mundaize in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 09:32 PM
  4. Soundcard Yamaha don't work under K3.3, work under K3.2
    By Mokoshi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
  5. USB WI-FI, Will it work with knoppix?
    By uraclea in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0 picture

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0

$38.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor

$259.99



Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition picture

Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition

$88.00



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 CPU 2.20GHz 22-Core 55MB 145W LGA2011-3 SR2JV Processor picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 CPU 2.20GHz 22-Core 55MB 145W LGA2011-3 SR2JV Processor

$79.99



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99