-
/dev/null permission errors
Whenever I chroot into my remaster, I get the following:
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
and so on.
I've tried doing a chmod 777 /dev/null, I've tried doing chgrp and chown root /dev/null, and I still get the same error. I searched Google for solutions, but their problems were all fixed after a chmod 777, whereas mine still persists.
I can delete /dev/null and it regenerates one and works, but then the remaster fails to work when installed onto the HD, and the regenerated /dev/null is quite odd - it's not even a device file. Any thoughts?
Similar Threads
-
By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:01 AM
-
By wildcat in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 02:27 AM
-
By ocilent1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-30-2003, 12:53 PM
-
By Ambrose in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 12:00 PM
-
By doelle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 09:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

Lot of 10 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 160GB
$1319.99

Lot of 2 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 32GB
$138.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3B1 Micron 32GB (1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2400T DDR4 Server Memory
$220.00

Micron 16GB DDR5-4800 PC5-38400R EC8 RDIMM Server Memory RAM MTC10F1084S1RC48BA1
$560.00

32GB DDR5 PC5-38400R RDIMM Micron MTC18F1045S1PC48BA2 Memory RAM
$1099.00

Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM
$74.50

LOT OF 2 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-EE1-11 P/N: MTA18ASF2G72AZ-2G6D1ZG
$199.95