Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Time has pass and still I can´t boot!

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    18

    Time has pass and still I can´t boot!

    Well I will post my problem again in orther to get closer to the end of the trouble.

    I have a PIII 450 Mhz. Mother PCCHIPS 478LMR all on board except the mothem. A HD samsumg 8 Gb. A CD Reader Samsumg, and a sony CD RW (16x8x32).

    Well I´ve tried many times booting Knoppix but I have any succes.

    When I starts using EXPERT I reach the part that said:

    SCSI0=last updates emulations for ide atapi devives

    Some things I could read while booting that seem errors was:
    ......
    partition check:
    hda=hda1
    ide: late registration of driver
    ......

    When I use FAILSAFE it says:

    Welcome to K.O.P.P.I.X linux live linux-on-cd!

    Looking for cdrom in: /dev/hdb

    and it hungs.

    When I starts using:

    knoppix vga=normal screen=800x600 ram=120M desktop=icewm

    It says:

    loading vmlinuz..........
    loading miniroot.gz.........
    Rady
    Uncomoresing linux....OK booting the kernell

    It makes a little screen movement and thats all.

    When I starts without VGA=normal, Tux appears and thats it!


    I will be very pleased if you help me!


    Thaks in advance.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    22

    replace the system - keep the cd

    i think you should replace the system and then try the same CD. i know for sure that CD is good and dont know much about your system

    hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: replace the system - keep the cd

    Quote Originally Posted by certifieduser
    i think you should replace the system and then try the same CD. i know for sure that CD is good and dont know much about your system

    hope this helps.
    !?!!???!!!

    Seriously, what knoppix version? You might try an older version, there have been some changes with CD access since the 2.6 kernel that might be affecting your startup.
    Also, try the CD in a different computer. Always possible it's a dodgy burn.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Don't get me wrong, but I think you got a mobo that not linux friendly, I had similar mobo on my other pc and can't get it to work with linux for 4 years now.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    18
    I´ve tested the cd in others machines and it works properly, the version is 3.3. I thought many times that my mobo isn´t linux compatible, but I have read many articles saying that they use linux with a mobo not so diferent from mine, I think there can be an error with the CD Reader, I will change some things, and try how it works, żdo you think that a debian will work?

    Thank you, I will apreciate further information.


    PD: WHAT DO YOU MEAN TO REPLACE SYSTEM certifieduser??????

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 4.0 boot time
    By GaTk in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 10:16 AM
  2. LVM2 at boot time
    By lbloch in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 09:02 PM
  3. pppoeconf at boot time
    By oscar in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 12:55 AM
  4. screenshots of boot-time
    By SillyFly in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 11:20 PM
  5. eth0 at boot time?
    By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 02:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q

$185.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working

$30.00



RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+ picture

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+

$174.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue picture

Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue

$299.00