-
SCSI disk not detected by noppix ?!? Any pointers ? ...
Hi,
I recently bought a Dell Precision 670 workstation with just one SCSI disk attached to
an Adaptec AIC-7901 HostRaid SCSI controller. I want to install Debian on it. knoppix has been my favourite choice on the last several occasions. But this time, knoppix is not able to detect the SCSI controller, I believe that the driver for this controller is aic79xx.o and I tried to supply it from a floppy disk using the modules-disk option on boot prompt (along with scsi_mod.o and sd_mod.o).
But when I do a "modprobe aic79xx", modprobe return the error
"init_module: No such device"
All the above modules on the disk were copied from a 2.4.27 kernel source module compilation and I am trying to boot 2.4.27 from knoppix as well.
Could someone please help me out with this problem ? How can I detect my SCSI controller and therefore the hard disk so that I can perform a hard disk install ?
I read elsewhere that HostRaid should be turned off on the SCSI controller and I believe that is already the case cos I just have one disk and the SCSI controller's BIOS does not show any option to enable/disable.
Any thoughts/suggestions/comments greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
Similar Threads
-
By FlyGuy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 05:35 PM
-
By geoffleach in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 10:02 PM
-
By LinuxSam in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 02:58 PM
-
By tjcw in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 10:16 PM
-
By Fritz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 09:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Qty: 30 Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW / SEALED
$500.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850
$16.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

20 X New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack
$299.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99