-
Knoppixs 3.6 On sager 4780+ help
Hey, I just downloaded knoppixs 3.6 and I dont know how to burn it to a cd..
When I was finished downloading it, I opened the .rar file and I saw the .bat file and the index .html file.. But when you actually go into the Knoppixs folder within the .rar file the file is in there, its like 650 mb, BUT!! and heres the catch... There is no file extention on the file..
I dont know what to do know?
What am I sopose to burn? and since the file doesent have any extention, no iso burning tools will reconize it and let me burn it..
Could somebody please help me on burning this file and getting it to work? Thanks.
[/u]
-
You seem to have Winrar handling iso files, it shouldn't be .rar, should be .iso. Try renaming it if the filesize seems correct.
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqDownloading
-
Yeah, um I renamed the .rar file a .iso file and I tried to burn it with nero useing the menu and It boots up.. But not to knoppixs... it boots up to this wierd DOS command line.. Any help?
-
Hmm, did you get any error messages?
Also, did you burn it as an image: http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.ht...0Burning%20ROM
-
I got it working
thx
Similar Threads
-
By alex+ in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 01:30 AM
-
By mdhorton in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-15-2003, 04:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30