Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Knoppixs 3.6 On sager 4780+ help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3

    Knoppixs 3.6 On sager 4780+ help

    Hey, I just downloaded knoppixs 3.6 and I dont know how to burn it to a cd..
    When I was finished downloading it, I opened the .rar file and I saw the .bat file and the index .html file.. But when you actually go into the Knoppixs folder within the .rar file the file is in there, its like 650 mb, BUT!! and heres the catch... There is no file extention on the file..

    I dont know what to do know?

    What am I sopose to burn? and since the file doesent have any extention, no iso burning tools will reconize it and let me burn it..


    Could somebody please help me on burning this file and getting it to work? Thanks.

    [/u]

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    You seem to have Winrar handling iso files, it shouldn't be .rar, should be .iso. Try renaming it if the filesize seems correct.
    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqDownloading

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3
    Yeah, um I renamed the .rar file a .iso file and I tried to burn it with nero useing the menu and It boots up.. But not to knoppixs... it boots up to this wierd DOS command line.. Any help?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Hmm, did you get any error messages?
    Also, did you burn it as an image: http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.ht...0Burning%20ROM

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3
    I got it working thx

Similar Threads

  1. Two KNOPPIXs installed-copy from one to the other?
    By alex+ in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-31-2004, 01:30 AM
  2. Can't get sager 8887 laptop to boot
    By mdhorton in forum Laptops
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-15-2003, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00