Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 103 of 103

Thread: HOWTO: Remaster the easy way using menu based scripts

  1. #101
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272
    I have done my remastering with menu based scripts and are going to use them also in the future! But now I have a problem I can't solve myself.

    I would like to use gfxboot as shown in http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/User:Ml#grub_gfx_boot but don't know how to modify these menu based scripts. The problem is action 3. Create isofs. I have tried to modify Knoppix-3.4.mkcompressed but get an error message:
    Code:
    /KNOPPIX.build/mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux'!
    I have changed links from /boot/isolinux to /boot/grub, and boot.cat is where it should be under /boot/grub, but I have not succeeded yet.

    Or could someone show me how to create isofs in command line if directory sturcture is as is used in menu based scripts? How to change following lines?
    Code:
    mkisofs -pad -l -f -r -J -V "MYKNOPPIX" \
    -b boot/grub/iso9660_stage1_5 \
    -c boot/grub/boot.cat -o ../myknoppix.iso \
    -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table  knoppix_iso_directory
    Which directory level should this be run?

    EDITED 12.8.2006:
    I got it! I run this from /media/hda12/remaster_knoppix5.0.1/KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix.Master/KNOPPIX-CUSTOM/ directory in my system:
    Code:
    mkisofs -pad -l -f -r -J -V "SuomiKnoppix" \
    -b boot/grub/iso9660_stage1_5 \
    -c boot/grub/boot.cat \
    -o ../SuomiKnoppix.iso \
    -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 1 -boot-info-tab \
    /media/hda12/remaster_knoppix5.0.1/KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix.Master/KNOPPIX-CUSTOM/
    -tapsa-

  2. #102
    So I'm at this point here:
    Now I get the remastering scripts located at http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/remaster/, extract the scripts, and setup my directories.
    Code:
    wget http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/remas...r_0.1-6.tar.gz
    tar zxvf remaster_0.1-6.tar.gz
    mv remaster-0.1 scripts
    cd scripts
    It does not appear that this directory is valid... Can anyone point me to the right place where I can get these scripts??

  3. #103
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    29
    Hello.
    Thank you underscore for a very well written "How-To".

    Are the scripts still available for download?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Similar Threads

  1. remaster scripts require boot.img - none on Knoppix 3.6
    By acer0001 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2005, 05:38 PM
  2. Remaster knoppix based
    By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 10:21 PM
  3. Remaster based on what version of knoppix?
    By Steve F in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2004, 03:28 AM
  4. HOWTO:Duke Nukem 3D with CD-based Knoppix 3.2
    By bitey in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 09:05 AM
  5. Easy way to remaster?
    By rihad in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 06:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core i5-1135G7@2.40GHz Laptop picture

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop

$220.36



Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray

$356.80



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...

$679.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro

$339.00