-
Senior Member
registered user
I have done my remastering with menu based scripts and are going to use them also in the future! But now I have a problem I can't solve myself.
I would like to use gfxboot as shown in http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/User:Ml#grub_gfx_boot but don't know how to modify these menu based scripts. The problem is action 3. Create isofs. I have tried to modify Knoppix-3.4.mkcompressed but get an error message:
Code:
/KNOPPIX.build/mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux'!
I have changed links from /boot/isolinux to /boot/grub, and boot.cat is where it should be under /boot/grub, but I have not succeeded yet.
Or could someone show me how to create isofs in command line if directory sturcture is as is used in menu based scripts? How to change following lines?
Code:
mkisofs -pad -l -f -r -J -V "MYKNOPPIX" \
-b boot/grub/iso9660_stage1_5 \
-c boot/grub/boot.cat -o ../myknoppix.iso \
-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table knoppix_iso_directory
Which directory level should this be run?
EDITED 12.8.2006:
I got it! I run this from /media/hda12/remaster_knoppix5.0.1/KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix.Master/KNOPPIX-CUSTOM/ directory in my system:
Code:
mkisofs -pad -l -f -r -J -V "SuomiKnoppix" \
-b boot/grub/iso9660_stage1_5 \
-c boot/grub/boot.cat \
-o ../SuomiKnoppix.iso \
-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 1 -boot-info-tab \
/media/hda12/remaster_knoppix5.0.1/KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix.Master/KNOPPIX-CUSTOM/
-tapsa-
Similar Threads
-
By acer0001 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 05:38 PM
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 10:21 PM
-
By Steve F in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 03:28 AM
-
By bitey in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 09:05 AM
-
By rihad in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 06:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

Windows Server 2025 Datacenter-New Sealed DVD and Product Key - 24 Core 50 Cals
$79.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$89.95

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00