-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Another problem, please help

Originally Posted by
moran
Hi,
I encounter a strange error,
I tried it several times but nothing seems to work,
I try to change the menus so I do like it says,
everything works fine.
if I quit with ctrl-D and come back again the menus are as I configured and its all good.
however when I burn it I get default KNOPPIX theme with thier menus.
I made sure to overwrite /etc/skel and I made sure that I made the change on line 128 correct however it looks like
for the menus it takes them from somewhere else.
can anyone please help me ?
First, please edit your post and delete the quoted HOWTO from your post as it is annoying to quote the entire thing and will only serve to confuse search engines.
Second, as I have provided exact steps & exact commands in the HOWTO, you must provide the same level of completeness. In order to figure this out so that all people can benefit, I will need your exact commands and also the very detailed info of any deviations you have made from the HOWTO. I have run the HOWTO commands verbatim ( in a ssh windows & I was able to copy & paste them) so I know that they work. This means I have a high confidence level of the HOWTO. This seems to point out that people who are having problems are doing something different.
Third, I think some of the problems people are having are due to booting Knoppix differently. Notice in the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession file that there is more than one rsync command. These separate rsync commands are used to make changes to the /home/knoppix directory based on how the user is booting knoppix (ie: as a normal Knoppix sesssion, as a saved on floppy or USB knoppix session, or a poor man's install).
Thanks,
James
Similar Threads
-
By acer0001 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 05:38 PM
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 10:21 PM
-
By Steve F in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 03:28 AM
-
By bitey in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 09:05 AM
-
By rihad in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 06:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST
$159.99