-
Is this possible?
HI,
First of all, thanks for the hard working of developing this tool. I have been using Knoppix since 3.1, but, never try to remaster. This tool definitely will make this task a lot easier.
I read through all the posts in this thread. Before I dive into the remastering project, it will be appreciated if someone here can tell me if it is possible to use this tool to get what I am looking for.
I got an Open Source scientific software, on a normal hard drive install (SuSE or Fedore Core), I need to un-tar/unzip the source code to specific folder (say /home/knoppix/Software, ....), then, I need to un-tar/unzip the binary code to specific folders (I am not sure where exactly the binary go to), then, I need to edit /home/knoppix/.bashrc to refect the changes. Each time, I open up a shell terminal, .bashrc executed.
So, in the tool, after I remove the packages I do not want, what will be steps to install this special Open Source software?
Thanks a lot for pointing to me a direction.
phsieh2006
Similar Threads
-
By acer0001 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 05:38 PM
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 10:21 PM
-
By Steve F in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 03:28 AM
-
By bitey in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 09:05 AM
-
By rihad in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 06:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99