Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: IBM R40(e): Knoppix 3.4 & 3.6 do not boot but 3.3 does

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20

    IBM R40(e): Knoppix 3.4 & 3.6 do not boot but 3.3 does

    Hello

    while I had no problems booting and installing 3.3 on my IBM R40 (e) Laptop
    when I try to use 3.4 or 3.6 I receive the following msg:
    ACPI BIOS found act modules ....
    PCMCIA found starting cardmgr

    and then the Laptops hangs.

    I am very puzzled, is there any option in the booting prompt I could use?

    thanks in advance

    Uwe Brauer

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4

    Re: IBM R40(e): Knoppix 3.4 & 3.6 do not boot but 3.3 do

    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe Brauer
    while I had no problems booting and installing 3.3 on my IBM R40 (e) Laptop
    when I try to use 3.4 or 3.6 I receive the following msg:
    ACPI BIOS found act modules ....
    PCMCIA found starting cardmgr

    and then the Laptops hangs.



    Uwe Brauer
    Try
    knoppix26 acpi=off
    should work with 2.4 kernel as well.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20

    Re: IBM R40(e): Knoppix 3.4 & 3.6 do not boot but 3.3 do

    Quote Originally Posted by bstadil
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe Brauer
    while I had no problems booting and installing 3.3 on my IBM R40 (e) Laptop
    when I try to use 3.4 or 3.6 I receive the following msg:
    ACPI BIOS found act modules ....
    PCMCIA found starting cardmgr

    and then the Laptops hangs.



    Uwe Brauer
    Try
    knoppix26 acpi=off
    should work with 2.4 kernel as well.
    Ok thanks, that worked nicely, I am not sure which kernel to use 2.4 or
    2.6 most likely I stick to the known beast.

Similar Threads

  1. installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
  2. Knoppix wont boot with boot floppy
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
  3. How can I boot Knoppix using windows boot loader?
    By J.A.X in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 02:52 AM
  4. using knoppix on multi-boot CD's (boot scriptor)
    By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
  5. Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TF536 for Amiga 2000: 68030/36, 64MB RAM, IDE interface+CF card-See description picture

TF536 for Amiga 2000: 68030/36, 64MB RAM, IDE interface+CF card-See description

$174.96



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs picture

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs

$895.00



HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit picture

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit

$888.50



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks

$199.00



OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT picture

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT

$329.95