hmm i gave up on 07A and later, neither 07 or 08 boot anymore on my AMD64 so I guess I will just update everything via apt?? I really can't be bothered dloading 09 just for it not to work either.
Yep here it is with:
* New: touchpad detection for laptops (works only when no external mouse is connected)
* New: Autostart of powernowd when Centrino or AMD 64 is detected
* New: Fast ALSA detection on-the-fly for faster startup
Of course it's based on Debian SID. I.E. no dist-upgrade headaches, no kernel compilation problems and easy nvidia and ati graphics driver installation. It's just good ol' Linux. Get your Kanotix today!
http://kanotix.mipooh.net/viewtopic.php?t=3144
hmm i gave up on 07A and later, neither 07 or 08 boot anymore on my AMD64 so I guess I will just update everything via apt?? I really can't be bothered dloading 09 just for it not to work either.
Hi gowator,
I wouldn't be surprised if your problem was due to kanotix moving to a boot mode which does not use floppy emulation anymore. I have met machines whose broken BIOS is not happy with this. If you look in the directory where BH07 lies, there's also an alternate (tagged OLD-BOOT or somesuch) version which works fine in those caes, but it does not exist for later releases. If the machine on which you want to install has a floppy drive, you could download smart boot manager which should be able to boot from the CD in case your BIOS can't - hence allowing you to bootstrap BH9 and then install.
thx BaldYeti
its really 2 things..for my own I can just apt-get and update.. but I like giving out kanotix CD's .. it gives the option of the proper deb install to the winBlows users i give the CD to... now I have 2 choices... its not so attractive.
I might try the old image kano just said he would restore the links... but Ill torrent it from home 2night.

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$250.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99