Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: USB Keyboard doesnt work at ONLY the boot screen

  1. #1

    USB Keyboard doesnt work at ONLY the boot screen

    My USB keyboard does not work at the boot screen where one enters cheat codes, but works in the BIOS and in the desktop. Can somebody help me fix this problem? I am not able to boot properly without entering cheat codes.

    I have an slightly older computer whos PS/2 keyboard port has broken, so I bought a USB keyboard to use with it. I am not able to type in cheat codes to change refresh rates and resolution as my monitor (compaq MV520) is detected as another monitor with slightly higher default refresh rates, and my can not handle those settings.

    Thank you

    I do not have "Enable Legacy USB Keyboard support" option in my bios. I have checked many times.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: USB Keyboard doesnt work at ONLY the boot screen

    Quote Originally Posted by superlyduper
    My USB keyboard does not work at the boot screen where one enters cheat codes, but works in the BIOS and in the desktop. Can somebody help me fix this problem? I am not able to boot properly without entering cheat codes.

    I have an slightly older computer whos PS/2 keyboard port has broken, so I bought a USB keyboard to use with it. I am not able to type in cheat codes to change refresh rates and resolution as my monitor (compaq MV520) is detected as another monitor with slightly higher default refresh rates, and my can not handle those settings.

    Thank you

    I do not have "Enable Legacy USB Keyboard support" option in my bios. I have checked many times.
    Unfortunaly knoppix doesn't load the usb modules needed to support a USB keyboard.
    IF the BIOS would support it could work, but your doesn't.

    You could always make a boot floppy with the cheatcodes on it. But i'm not sure hows to do it.

  3. #3
    Does anybody know how I can make a floppy to store cheat codes and how to conviently edit it? Thanks

  4. #4

Similar Threads

  1. Keyboard won't work after boot...
    By rmcastil in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 06:52 AM
  2. HD boot after install doesnt work
    By mimes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 01:54 AM
  3. sound doesnt work
    By sweeper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 03:11 AM
  4. k-package doesnt work
    By royalts in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 01:23 AM
  5. my keyboard doesnt work
    By tezkejbjes in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



DOS Joystick Gameport to USB Converter - Adapter (NEW, 3-axis, 2-button) picture

DOS Joystick Gameport to USB Converter - Adapter (NEW, 3-axis, 2-button)

$49.95



Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor picture

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor

$100.00



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac picture

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac

$35.00



VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A picture

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A

$22.67