Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: USB Keyboard doesnt work at ONLY the boot screen

  1. #1

    USB Keyboard doesnt work at ONLY the boot screen

    My USB keyboard does not work at the boot screen where one enters cheat codes, but works in the BIOS and in the desktop. Can somebody help me fix this problem? I am not able to boot properly without entering cheat codes.

    I have an slightly older computer whos PS/2 keyboard port has broken, so I bought a USB keyboard to use with it. I am not able to type in cheat codes to change refresh rates and resolution as my monitor (compaq MV520) is detected as another monitor with slightly higher default refresh rates, and my can not handle those settings.

    Thank you

    I do not have "Enable Legacy USB Keyboard support" option in my bios. I have checked many times.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: USB Keyboard doesnt work at ONLY the boot screen

    Quote Originally Posted by superlyduper
    My USB keyboard does not work at the boot screen where one enters cheat codes, but works in the BIOS and in the desktop. Can somebody help me fix this problem? I am not able to boot properly without entering cheat codes.

    I have an slightly older computer whos PS/2 keyboard port has broken, so I bought a USB keyboard to use with it. I am not able to type in cheat codes to change refresh rates and resolution as my monitor (compaq MV520) is detected as another monitor with slightly higher default refresh rates, and my can not handle those settings.

    Thank you

    I do not have "Enable Legacy USB Keyboard support" option in my bios. I have checked many times.
    Unfortunaly knoppix doesn't load the usb modules needed to support a USB keyboard.
    IF the BIOS would support it could work, but your doesn't.

    You could always make a boot floppy with the cheatcodes on it. But i'm not sure hows to do it.

  3. #3
    Does anybody know how I can make a floppy to store cheat codes and how to conviently edit it? Thanks

  4. #4

Similar Threads

  1. Keyboard won't work after boot...
    By rmcastil in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 06:52 AM
  2. HD boot after install doesnt work
    By mimes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 01:54 AM
  3. sound doesnt work
    By sweeper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 03:11 AM
  4. k-package doesnt work
    By royalts in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 01:23 AM
  5. my keyboard doesnt work
    By tezkejbjes in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key picture

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key

$829.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU

$99.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$693.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Netgate SG-1100 firewall picture

Netgate SG-1100 firewall

$140.00