Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: USB Keyboard doesnt work at ONLY the boot screen

  1. #1

    USB Keyboard doesnt work at ONLY the boot screen

    My USB keyboard does not work at the boot screen where one enters cheat codes, but works in the BIOS and in the desktop. Can somebody help me fix this problem? I am not able to boot properly without entering cheat codes.

    I have an slightly older computer whos PS/2 keyboard port has broken, so I bought a USB keyboard to use with it. I am not able to type in cheat codes to change refresh rates and resolution as my monitor (compaq MV520) is detected as another monitor with slightly higher default refresh rates, and my can not handle those settings.

    Thank you

    I do not have "Enable Legacy USB Keyboard support" option in my bios. I have checked many times.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: USB Keyboard doesnt work at ONLY the boot screen

    Quote Originally Posted by superlyduper
    My USB keyboard does not work at the boot screen where one enters cheat codes, but works in the BIOS and in the desktop. Can somebody help me fix this problem? I am not able to boot properly without entering cheat codes.

    I have an slightly older computer whos PS/2 keyboard port has broken, so I bought a USB keyboard to use with it. I am not able to type in cheat codes to change refresh rates and resolution as my monitor (compaq MV520) is detected as another monitor with slightly higher default refresh rates, and my can not handle those settings.

    Thank you

    I do not have "Enable Legacy USB Keyboard support" option in my bios. I have checked many times.
    Unfortunaly knoppix doesn't load the usb modules needed to support a USB keyboard.
    IF the BIOS would support it could work, but your doesn't.

    You could always make a boot floppy with the cheatcodes on it. But i'm not sure hows to do it.

  3. #3
    Does anybody know how I can make a floppy to store cheat codes and how to conviently edit it? Thanks

  4. #4

Similar Threads

  1. Keyboard won't work after boot...
    By rmcastil in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 06:52 AM
  2. HD boot after install doesnt work
    By mimes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 01:54 AM
  3. sound doesnt work
    By sweeper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 03:11 AM
  4. k-package doesnt work
    By royalts in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 01:23 AM
  5. my keyboard doesnt work
    By tezkejbjes in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



Open Box Apple OEM 30W USB-C Power Adapter MW2G3AM/A - A2164 picture

Open Box Apple OEM 30W USB-C Power Adapter MW2G3AM/A - A2164

$15.99



Genuine/OEM Apple Duckhead Two-Prong Plug - MagSafe AC Wall Adapter - Set of 25 picture

Genuine/OEM Apple Duckhead Two-Prong Plug - MagSafe AC Wall Adapter - Set of 25

$32.29



Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro picture

Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro

$179.99



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718 picture

Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718

$22.00



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13

NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13" MacBook Pro A1435

$25.95



Genuine/OEM Apple Duckhead Two-Prong Plug - MagSafe AC Wall Adapter 45W/60W/85W picture

Genuine/OEM Apple Duckhead Two-Prong Plug - MagSafe AC Wall Adapter 45W/60W/85W

$8.99