-
Sorry Newbie: Trying to change wlan defaults on Bootable CD
Sorry Newbie here. I am trying to get my WIFI working and don’t like what I have to do to get it to work.
1) Rename my AP’s SSID to "linux-wlan".
2) Disable any WEP on my AP.
3) Reset my AP.
4) Start the computer running Knoppix with WIFI device installed (I have a D-Link DWL-650 PCMCIA WIFI Card).
After doing all this, I am up and running. Don’t like it one bit.
I am pretty sure I can change the settings in “etc/pcmaia/wlan-ng.opts” but then of course I cannot save them to CD.
How can I make the necessary changes to Knoppix without changing my AP’s setting? Is there a way to have the changes affect future boots (would prefer to still boot from CD)?
TIA
Jim H
Similar Threads
-
By ying-yang7 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 05:17 AM
-
By Criamon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 03:42 AM
-
By cozzy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-08-2003, 10:11 AM
-
By law_student in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 03:20 PM
-
By rogerrog in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-28-2003, 07:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Blade Chassis w/2x Xeon E5-2630L 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, No H
$144.99

HP ProLiant BL660C Gen8 Server Blade 2x Xeon E5-4650L 2.60Ghz w/ 32GB DDR3, QTY
$189.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99