Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: using scripts on the kanotix page

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    70

    using scripts on the kanotix page

    if I have learned anything about linux, it's dont go screwing around with stuff you dont know. I am intrigued by the concept of script-installed software, however I havent a clue and I dont want to go punching around on the command line and screwing things up. Would someone be kind enough to give me a step by step on how to do this. I have had no luck finding documentation for this type of install.

    thanx

    skip

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Those scripts serve a variety of purposes. Some of them are necessary after installing Knoppix to hdd. Others (like install-mplayer-cvs.sh) are not going to harm your installation but will download and build mplayer from cvs. You may want to avoid using any of the 'fix' scripts unless you know that you need it. Join us in #kanotix for further clarification.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    70

    need a hand with irc

    I have never used irc although I see that I have a couple of clients to choose from in my menu. which server will I find #kanotix...I am such a complete noob

    thanx

    skip

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    135
    Kanotix BH 9 - try here :

    http://kanotix.mipooh.net/viewforum.php?f=8

    drb

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Re: need a hand with irc

    Quote Originally Posted by helios17
    I have never used irc although I see that I have a couple of clients to choose from in my menu. which server will I find #kanotix...I am such a complete noob

    thanx

    skip
    Well Kanotix is on irc.freenode.org but IIRC you've already figured that out.

    You can find some great info at the freenode site as well on how to use IRC.
    http://freenode.net/

Similar Threads

  1. UNIONFS + KANOTIX scripts
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 08:28 PM
  2. 3.4 page cannot be found
    By rohara in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 03:53 AM
  3. Docs page defaced
    By TyphoonMentat in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:14 AM
  4. Konqueror Home Page...
    By Seeker in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 10:38 AM
  5. page layout: indices
    By senorian in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2002, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95