-
gnome with cd run?
Can gnome be invoked from a CD boot?
-
Senior Member
registered user
If I understand you correctly then you are looking for a cheat code like this:
knoppix desktop=gnome
Of course you will need to add any additional cheat codes you need to get your cd to boot properly. You really should have a look around the site, all of that info is here already.
-
gnome
The cheat codes don't list gnome as an option. I did look around but the only info I found about gnome is either gnoppix or morphix, not knoppix.
I've tried morphix but it's not nearly as sound "out of the box" as I've found knoppix to be.
Knoppix is a great piece of work.
-
Senior Member
registered user
So you didn't even try it?
desktop=fluxbox|gnome|icewm|kde|larswm|twm|wmaker| xfce
Use specified WM instead of KDE
it's on this page:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
edit Oh yeah it's also on the CD - press F2.
-
gnome
Of course I tried it.
"Desktop manager gnome is not supported.
Boots a generic shell.
This with 3.2.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: gnome

Originally Posted by
bopper
Of course I tried it.
"Desktop manager gnome is not supported.
Boots a generic shell.
This with 3.2.
Knopper removed Gnome, don't ask me why.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Things were broken. I hope there is a fix soon because gnome meeting has been moved back to MUCH earlier version.
-
Senior Member
registered user
--He can leave it off, for my 2c. I actually prefer Gnome over KDE sometimes 'cuz it's faster, but realistically there's only so much room on a 700MB CDR. Taking gnome off prolly freed up a tonne of space.
--It would prolly be a good idea to have a 2nd knoppix project that has Gnome and not KDE tho, with appropriate customizations. (I believe there is already a Knoppix Gnome project out there, but I don't think it's in english.)

Originally Posted by
aay
Things were broken. I hope there is a fix soon because gnome meeting has been moved back to MUCH earlier version.
Similar Threads
-
By nishtya in forum The Lounge
Replies: 16
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 03:58 AM
-
By Da_Brain in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-04-2004, 06:23 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 02:10 PM
-
By Adeel in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 09:31 PM
-
By papasi in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 09:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99