-
compaq presario 2100 and Knoppix
I looked for an experience of installation of Knoppix on this laptop, on "Linux on laptop" website but I did not find any. Does anybody have ever tryed it? How does it work with the acpi support? I tryed the cd of the latest release on my 2118EA and it worked fine except that the ventilator does not stop !! I am beginner and I don't know how to fix this and I guess it is because of the acpi support.
Thanks for your help.
Mendoza
-
boot hints with knoppix 3.6
Knoppix works fine with Presario 2100 booting with
knoppix acpi=off
or
knoppix26 acpi=off
Otherwise boot fails.
Everything seem to work except wireless card (not tested, it may work)
ciao!!!
-
On my presario 2195us the "knoppix26 nolapic" boot option not only enables
acpi but straightens out some irq routing conflicts with pcmcia.
Give it a try.
Boot like you normally do and cat /proc/interrupts
Boot "knoppix26 nolapic" and cat /proc/interrupts
notice the diff?
ls /proc/acpi
:P
Similar Threads
-
By summer51 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 05:28 AM
-
By edpatterson in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:38 PM
-
By jimbwork in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 05:51 PM
-
By steverslearinglinux in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-25-2004, 07:28 AM
-
By ronin in forum Laptops
Replies: 11
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 09:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 64GB PC4-2666V-R 2S2Rx4 DDR4 ECC REG RDIMM - M393A8K40B22-CWD6Y
$270.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC
$150.00