-
Senior Member
registered user
24 days and a few problems left.
The day I did a koppix install on my HD, I also did a reinstall of windows XP which as most of you know requires activation within 30 days. Unlike the last distro I tried (Lycoris), I have fixed every problem that would keep me from abandoning windows forever, except a few. I need a new modem and there's some other "non-problems" but I still have three real problems keeping me from being windows free. These are the remaining prblems, and If I don't fix them in the next 24 days I'm S.O.L. because I activated XP on my girlfriends laptop and I can't activate it on my desktop now.
1. I still can't get my lexar media multi-card reader working. I know it's possible because when I boot from CD, it works perfectly, but on a HD install, I can't make it work. Everytime I try to mount a memory card I get an error telling me that it's not a valid block device.
2. I have a pocket PC and I can't get SynCE working. http://synce.sourceforge.net/synce It requires the recompiling of the kernal after editing ipaq.h The problem is that the ipaq.h file doesn't exist.
3. For whatever reason, ever since my last re-install of knoppix a couple days ago, my CD burner is not recognized. The CD recognizes it and it's listed while booting but there no entry in the fstab and I can't select it as a device.
That's pretty much it. I've learned enough about linux to fix all my other problems, but these three are still killing me. If I get these done, I'll be done with windows. As always, help is appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By Highland in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 03:53 PM
-
By xSauronx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 03:59 PM
-
By joeguitar99 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 09:40 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2003, 06:39 AM
-
By hugowett in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 10:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD
$200.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0" 128GB Black SM-X210
$139.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Genuine Samsung K406S Black Toner Cartridge - New and Sealed Box
$35.99